Actress Questions (Susan Blanchcard).
Patrick D. Rockwell
2004-04-08 02:44:53 UTC
There is a favorite actress of mine named Susan Blanchard who was in
"Prince Of Darkness", and who I understand once did
comercials for "No Nonsense Panyhose". How old is she? What is her
birthday? How tall is she? Is her hair naturally blonde, or
brown? I suspect brown because she's only been blonde in two movies.
"Prince Of Darkness" and "Russkies".

None of this info seems to be at the Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com. Thanks for any info.

--
-------------------------------
Patrick D. Rockwell
dahoov2
2004-04-08 03:21:20 UTC
She was born December 11 but I don't know what year. She was married
to Henry Fonda in 1950 according to one site so that means she would
over 70

come on now, her hair is gray I am sure.

***@cox.net
www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Robin Coutellier
2004-04-08 04:31:07 UTC
Post by Patrick D. Rockwell
There is a favorite actress of mine named Susan Blanchard who was in
"Prince Of Darkness", and who I understand once did
comercials for "No Nonsense Panyhose". How old is she? What is her
birthday? How tall is she? Is her hair naturally blonde, or
brown? I suspect brown because she's only been blonde in two movies.
"Prince Of Darkness" and "Russkies".
None of this info seems to be at the Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com. Thanks for any info.
She was born December 11 but I don't know what year. She was married
to Henry Fonda in 1950 according to one site so that means she would
over 70
come on now, her hair is gray I am sure.
I think you are thinking of a different Susan Blanchard. An actress named Susan
Blanchard WAS on AMC from 1971-1975. She played Mary Kennicott, who married Jeff
Martin. She was pregnant and some criminals broke into her home and killed her
(I think a young Tad was there at the time, too). I was working by then, and
VCRs wouldn't hit the mainstream for many years, so I didn't actually SEE it, but
I've heard the story. The same actress went on to star in a series of No-
Nonsense Pantyhose commercials.

Robin "she probably DOES have some gray hair by NOW, though)" Coutellier
--
***@slicethispartrobinc.org
Frango Crystal & Lifetime Achievement Award 2000
Blues Women: http://www.uppityblueswomen.com/
dahoov2
2004-04-08 13:28:12 UTC
So, two Blanchards... interesting. The one I found was a wealthy
heiress of the rogers and hammerstein fortune and was listed in Forbes
most weatlthy. I am an AMC fan (love Tad still - meow) but I guess I
was too young to remember that! I didn't start watching it till the
early 80's. So if I have the wrong one, how old is this one?

http://dahoov2.topcities.com
workerbee
2004-04-08 14:18:28 UTC
Post by Robin Coutellier
I think you are thinking of a different Susan Blanchard. An actress named Susan
Blanchard WAS on AMC from 1971-1975. She played Mary Kennicott, who married Jeff
Martin. She was pregnant and some criminals broke into her home and killed her
(I think a young Tad was there at the time, too). I was working by then, and
VCRs wouldn't hit the mainstream for many years, so I didn't actually SEE it, but
I've heard the story. The same actress went on to star in a series of No-
Nonsense Pantyhose commercials.
I remember Mary Kennicott. She and Jeff were the ones who first found
Tad when he was abandoned in a park. (It always cracked me up when
Erica would talk about she and Tad being kids together because Jeff
had already divorced Erica and married Mary before Tad was found.)

I remember the actress being in a few things after that. One of them
was a made for TV Maverick movie. If I remember correctly, the actor
who played Jeff Martin was in that one, too.
dahoov2
2004-04-08 03:27:02 UTC
Here's more. She's the step-daughter of Oscar Hammerstein II, who was
born in 1895 and she married another famous celebrity: Richard
Widmark. Oh and here's the year of her birth: 1928 making her 76
years old....

http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Miss Q
2004-04-08 12:15:45 UTC
Post by dahoov2
Here's more. She's the step-daughter of Oscar Hammerstein II, who was
born in 1895 and she married another famous celebrity: Richard
Widmark. Oh and here's the year of her birth: 1928 making her 76
Married to Richard Widmark eh, that means she is TS's neighbor!

Miss Q
dahoov2
2004-04-08 13:39:10 UTC
TS? Doesn't mean she still is. According to the bios I've read,
looked like she married Fonda for 7 years and then married Widmark not
long after. I have no idea how long that lasted or whatever. I gave
up after finding the basics.
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Kathy T.

Miss Q
Patrick D. Rockwell
2004-04-08 19:35:03 UTC
Post by Miss Q
Post by dahoov2
Here's more. She's the step-daughter of Oscar Hammerstein II, who was
born in 1895 and she married another famous celebrity: Richard
Widmark. Oh and here's the year of her birth: 1928 making her 76
Married to Richard Widmark eh, that means she is TS's neighbor!
Miss Q
Nope, not the one that I'm refering to. You should see "Russkies" or
"Prince Of Darkness". She looked about 35 in those 1987 movies. She was
married in 1975 and at most, she'd be in her 50's now. There was some
mis-information on her IMDB entry
that has been cleared up. I'm refering to Susan Blanchard (I) as she's
listed there. The other listing in IMDB is Susan Blanchard (III).

How old is she? What is her birthday? How tall is she? Is her hair
naturally blonde, or
brown? I suspect brown because she's only been blonde in two movies.
"Prince Of Darkness"
and "Russkies".

For a complete listing of her filmography see

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0087105/

and

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-55625

--
Patrick D. Rockwell

art vandalay
2004-04-08 07:20:54 UTC
I'm a fairly good 'googler' but couldn't find anything. I too am intrigued.