Rest in Piece, Debra
Rupert Pupkin
2005-03-08 02:13:24 UTC
Words won't do her justice but her work really meant a lot to me and
this is just incredibly sad. Time for a few beers and some EFNY or Fog
dvd commentary. She was one of the best.
Chris Conway
2005-03-19 19:41:46 UTC
Post by Rupert Pupkin
Words won't do her justice but her work really meant a lot to me and
this is just incredibly sad. Time for a few beers and some EFNY or Fog
dvd commentary. She was one of the best.
She was only 54 i believe? a young age nowadays, i'm sure John Carpenter
and all those that knew her will be devestated by this news but yes we do
have the such films as Escape from New York, Halloween and my particular
favourite The Fog which she helped to create.
Perhaps news of Debra's passing might spur him on to make films as good
and as entertaining as he did in this era of the 70's and 80's rather those
made
in the 1990's to present date...can only hope, Ghosts of Mars was a disgrace
and miles away from those sylistic and creative movies i listed above.
God bless DH.
Rupert Pupkin
2005-03-20 22:45:58 UTC
I like how your Debra Hill eulogy turned into a subtle forum to slam
the JC films that you don't like. Very classy.
Chris Conway
2005-03-23 22:25:29 UTC
Post by Rupert Pupkin
I like how your Debra Hill eulogy turned into a subtle forum to slam
the JC films that you don't like. Very classy.
Sorry...i didn't intend it to be so, it's just that Debra and John combined
to make such
wonderful films early on there and of late he seems to have mislaid the
knack for making
fun, entertaining and stylish films such as those early offerings we both
seem to have
enjoyed, certainly The Fog, Escape from New York, Halloween and The Thing
are high
up on my favorite films list which shows how highly i regard him and his
films, we can
only hope he recalls this type and returns to form soon.

Chris C
vince
2005-04-17 22:01:45 UTC
John Carpenter is still one of the best directors out there because he does
his thing and doesn't give a shut about box office numbers. All his movies
have great stories/morals/messages and he knows that that is what
counts...the f/x is an added bonus. All his movies are always ahead of
their time--that's what makes them great even 20-30 years later.

THANK YOU, A JC FAN SINCE I SAW "THE THING" ABOUT 10 YEARS
AGO.